Maintaining an apartment complex means giving a conducive living space for your tenants. That includes safe spaces for children during playtime, amenity areas to keep everyone’s mental health in check, and the comfortable feeling they experience when they open their doors. You can say most property developers and managers prioritise hiring termite and pest control services in Singapore.
However, issues arise, such as miscommunication between the property developer and the homeowners, accidentally hiring the wrong service for the week and many more problems with a termite and pest control company.
Explore more in this article, and let us help you overcome these challenges by providing some helpful tips.
#1: TENANTS ARE COMPLAINING ABOUT PESTS EVEN IF THE PROPERTY MANAGEMENT REGULARLY IMPLEMENTS THEIR MAINTENANCE AND SAFETY MEASURES. WHAT SHOULD BE THE NEXT STEP?
The thing about cockroach and pest control services in Singapore is you have to manage things properly. It could mean hiring the right company that lets you enjoy life without seeing uninvited guests in your home or using the most appropriate solution for safety and sanitation. Here are some of the things you can do:
- Building a good relationship with tenants is tantamount to transparency with relevant matters. It can be reminding them of the cockroach and pest controlservices routine in the apartment complex, communicating all the latest news and events, and all things they need to know. Why? Think of it as a healthy relationship with your partner. You should be open about things to each other and never lie.
- Consider hiring a different pest and termite control company in Singapore because your existing one might not be working anymore. Never blame them for this because businesses have varying methods and services, and it is only a matter of finding one that suits your needs.
- Avoid band aid solutions at all costs. When it comes to exterminating these pesky creatures, the best way is to address the root cause of the problem. Instead of giving them free drugstore bug killers, why not talk to a pest and termite controlcompany for their services? That route seems more promising if you ask experts.
- Handle their complaints effectively. Do not be hostile when someone tells you about cockroaches in their room or asks about the termite control and mould removal schedule. (Tip: You can hire concierge staff if you wish to provide everyone with impeccable customer service.)
#2: THE BUILDING IS ALREADY SHOWING SIGNS OF AGEING. SHOULD I ALSO FOCUS ON MAINTAINING THE STRUCTURE ALONGSIDE PROPER PEST MANAGEMENT?
Building age can be challenging to deal with because they pose many problems. Tenants might experience broken fixtures and probably a decline in their living quality. Another would be costly maintenance because you are constantly repairing them instead of actually addressing the real problem. So, here are some maintenance tips while hiring a pest and termite control company in Singapore.
- A pest and termite controlcompany can be unfamiliar with engineering and architecture. You can still ask them for trivial things or recommendations because they might have partnerships with other companies. To start, you can tell them about the issues you are facing. If the roof is already disintegrating due to age and environmental factors, for example, then they will pattern the pest control services according to your needs.
- Prioritise the structure of your building as much as proper pest control. Focusing on one would only render the other useless, or your efforts would go to waste when doing this. (Tip: Companies would do an inspection first, make sure to ask questions and plan accordingly during that stage.)
- Proper termite and pest control in Singaporeis a routine. You do not only hire them for one time because doing their services regularly is a must. Decide on a weekly or monthly basis, depending on your situation.
- Consult with the relevant agencies and professionals about the structure of the building. You need to follow laws and other regulatory measures to avoid conflict. Also, update the termite control and mould removal professionals in Singapore to increase the quality of their services.
#3: I AM NOT SURE HOW TO UPDATE ALL OF MY TENANTS ABOUT THE ROUTINE PEST CONTROL SERVICES AND OTHER RELATED MATTERS. WHAT CAN I DO ABOUT THIS?
Being a property manager or someone assigned to deal with all related matters can be challenging. You need to arrange the necessary maintenance services for the sake of the tenants, update them on what is happening in the complex, and even organise activities for everyone. When you have routine cockroach and pest control services in Singapore, cater to everyone’s needs by following these tips:
- Use traditional and digital means of communication. What does this mean? Most apartments have a bulletin board for building updates, events, and other relevant matters and a digital channel or platform. It is necessary to use both of them even if people prefer one over the other. For example, put the cockroach and pest controlservices announcement on the bulletin board and your Facebook group for a wider reach.
- Be updated and make the bulletin board and platform as active as possible. If you do not have anything noteworthy to share, you can always send a friendly greeting or anything that signifies care to your tenants. (Tip: You can consult a digital marketing or communications specialist for these things.)
- Make it clear. If the termite and pest controlservice happens every Wednesday at 5 PM, be clear with those dates. You also mention vital notes such as closing windows during this time or keeping children away from amenities and other open areas.
- Another is to orient everyone about what to do during these days. You can either send instructional videos or organise a seminar so homeowners can interact with one another. It makes a great social activity that strengthens their bond.
Ridpest Pte Ltd is a commercial termite and pest control company in Singapore that provides special services to its clients and other solutions. If you have queries, concerns, or anything in mind, visit their website and contact them for more information. They will get back to you at the earliest possible time!